Make Your Pledge Now!
DIABETES PREVENTION WEEK 2019 – MAKE YOUR PLEDGE NOW
TYPE 2 DIABETES – KNOW YOUR RISK
As part of the Diabetes Prevention Week 2019. IMO is encouraging all local
communities of Blackburn with Darwen, to make a pledge in reducing the
- More than 200,000 people are diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes every year and that means the risk of serious health complications and early death. Modern life can make it hard to be healthy but for many people Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by making small lifestyle changes. You may be aware that your risk increases:
- If you are over 25 and of a Black and Asian Minority Ethnic background.
- It is 2 times more likely to affect people of a South Asian origin.
- You are also 6 times more likely to get Type 2 diabetes if you have a family member with diabetes.
- If you have high blood pressure, ever had a heart attack or stroke, have a Mental Health Disorder or you are overweight.
- If you have had polycystic ovaries, gestational diabetes, or a baby weighing over 10 pounds also increases your risks of developing Type 2 diabetes.
WE WANT THE PEOPLE OF ALL COMMUNITIES TO COME TOGETHER AND MAKE
A PLEDGE IN REDUCING THEIR SUGAR INTAKE.
To make your pledge please click on the link above
LET’S CONTRIBUTE TO REDUCING THE SUGAR INTAKE NOW!!
WHATEVER YOUR PLEDGE – MAKE IT COUNT!!!