There are a wide range of organisations and initiatives in Blackburn with Darwen that are supporting young people and their families around education and employability. These includes schools, colleges, job centre plus, training providers and other employment agencies. IMO works in partnership with these organisations but the emphasis in our role is to develop and provide a bespoke and additional support for young people and adults from deprived communities and so add new value to existing provision locally..
We are now developing our employability strategy around the following issues:
- To identify local needs of young people and adults and develop IMO’s strategy locally and identifying gaps in provision by working with a wide range of organisations.
- To support young people and adults to overcome barriers to education and employment.
- To raise aspirations and motivation to achieve their full potential and achieve a positive outcome for them and their families.
- To identify skills gaps and training needs for young people and adults and addressing them by supporting them and broadening horizons.
- To support young people and adults with CV writing, applications, job search and careers advice to help them achieve their full potential.