This strand at the IMO ensures that young people and their families develop the knowledge, understanding, habits and skills to achieve good standards of health & wellbeing now and in the future. Our health and wellbeing approach is to inform our work with research and professional consultation, learning, supporting, assessing and delivering interventions based on good and effective practice.
There are particular challenges in Blackburn with Darwen affecting all our communities. The health of people in Blackburn with Darwen is generally worse than the England average, including diabetes, cardiovascular disease, mental health, obesity, poor oral hygiene, poverty and deprivation.
At IMO, we have prioritised improving levels of mental health and in general wellbeing where this is a significant issue across local population groups, including those from BAME backgrounds.
Typical examples of work IMO undertakes in Health & Wellbeing strand has included:
- Community health needs assessment
- Health consultations with young people
- Health consultations with older people
- Health promotion on stroke awareness
- Health promotion on substance misuse
- Health & employability research
- Mental & wellbeing assessment & interventions
- Supporting families
- Health needs assessment with targeted delivery
- Prevention and early intervention
For more information on IMO’s Health & Wellbeing work, please contact email@example.com